Wednesday 30 April 2014

Is Anybody There?

 
 Well, Hello World!  Wow, this is my very first ever blog post - after years of reading other peoples' wonderful blogs, I've taken the plunge and started my very own!

Now, I know that there may be no-one reading it (yet), but I'm not worried. This is going to be my creative outlet, and even if no-one looks at it, I will still be able to put my creations out there. Although, it would be nice if someone were to visit from time to time.

My very first post is my entry for this fortnight's challenge (number 4) at A Vintage Journey - Spring Flowers. 

For this challenge I decided I wanted to show the contrast between spring flowers and the winter that they signal the end of (if that makes sense!). Tim's style was perfect for this, as you can grunge down or bling up as appropriate.  I chose to create a box and decorate it in a vintage style and then fill it with vibrant spring flowers.

I'm afraid the picture is a bit blurred but I think you can see the effect.

I started off by making a box from various Tim's papers. The box is 4 inches square and 1.5 inches deep. The actual colour is a little darker than shown (more brown really!). I then decorated it with some of Tim's papers, stickers and other bits and pieces from my stash. All given the distressed look of course!  The effect I was hoping for was a vintage style box which held a lovely bright surprise when opened.
 
The inside of the box is lined with Tim's Distress Core-dinations (Wild Honey) and filled with flowers all made using the Tattered Flowers Dies (Bigz, Decorative Strip and Movers & Shakers) and cut from the (now discontinued) Vintage Shabby papers. I also cut some green leaves from the Spring Greenery strip die and added these, along with a few flutterbuys. The lid was trimmed with a bit of a Tattered Lace strip cut from the same paper as the flowers.
 
 
 
 
 
Hopefully, you can see the effect I was trying to achieve.
 
Well, this post has taken me an absolute age to compose - I suppose I will get used to it! If anyone knows of a very simple guide to using blogger to customise your page, I would be very grateful if you could send me a link!!!
 
If you do visit, I would so love it if you would leave me a comment. Thanks for visiting and see you next time.
 
Jean
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Hello Jean and welcome to the blog world - yes, someone is visiting. Congrats on your first post. Your project is delightful and what a great idea to show the difference between the vintage and spring flowers. Keep at it - great job.
    Thank you so much for joining us here at A Vintage Journey and I look forward to seeing more posts from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean - Love the new blog! Where is the "folllow" button? I would like to follow you! Thanks for your lovely email as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean - read your other other comment on my latest post. You are so so sweet. What a wonderful way to start the day. I am little late with saying thank you for the kind message you left on my blog. I am on holiday so getting on the net has been limited to a few minutes here and there when there is a connection. It meant a lot to me to read your sweet comments - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you on starting your own blog Jean! Hope we see lots more from you. This is such a lovely box crammed with such a colourful surprise! Aged meets fresh Spring in such a great way. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this box, a really special project xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment. I promise to read all of them!